North & South America satellite coverage
BFBS TV and Radio services can be received from the SES6 satellite across the Americas. All unobscured mainland locations within the shaded areas of the 10 degree contour should be able to receive BFBS services with a satellite dish of 1.8m diameter. It may still be possible to receive BFBS services in locations outside of the 10 degree contour, but these locations would have to be investigated on a case by case basis. BFBS has software tools to do this using the location co-ordinates.
1.a Domestic 2.4m dish self –install kit from £970
1.b Professional 2.4m dish self –install kit from £3750
1.c Rapid-Reaction Fly Away Kit – purchase or lease.
2. Tool Kit from £135 (can be re-used for multiple installations)
3. Pre-programmed professional Satellite Finder from £600 (can be re-used for multiple installations)
Alternatively you can arrange a satellite dish to be installed by a local contractor or have BFBS Technicians carry out the satellite dish procurement and installation on your behalf.
BFBS Signal Details on SES6 40.5° West
- Satellite Position: 40.5° West (Of Greenwich Meridian)
- Satellite Band: C-Band
- Required LNB Lo Frequency: 5150 (Standard for C-Band)
- Downlink Frequency: 3290MHz
- Polarization: Right Hand Circular (Horizontal 18V)
- Symbol Rate: 20000
- Modulation: DVB-S2 – QPSK
- FEC: 3/5
For more information or advice contact the BFBS Service Desk on email@example.com or +44 (0)1494 878100.