Eutelsat 10A - Europe/Asia
All Other DTH Satellite TV Viewers
DTH Satellite TV Viewers
The information on this page is for BFBS's entitled military audience serving in Europe under the Eutelsat 10E footprint.
The instructions below are for you if you watch BFBS TV through a BFBS Technisat Satellite Receiver (shown below) and have a BFBS Conditional access card.
The upgrades to the BFBS satellite systems will mean that you will lose your BFBS TV channels just after 10:00 GMT on the 29th January. It will take a short period of time to complete the engineering works, and BFBS advises that from 11:00 GMT you should rescan your BFBS satellite receiver to be able to continue to watch BFBS TV.
To rescan your BFBS Technisat Receiver please follow these instructions.
After the change of the satellite has happened you will see a screen similar to the one below, with a message saying that the signal has been lost.
- Press Menu on the BFBS Satellite Receiver remote control. The Main Menu screen below is displayed:
- Press OK to select Channel Search. The Channel Search menu screen below is displayed:
- Press Down until Transponder is highlighted and then press OK. The Transponder screen below is displayed:
- Press Down until Symbol rate [KSps] is highlighted. It displays 27500.
- Use the numerical keypad on the remote to change the value to 30000 as shown below. Once you have entered the final digit, the highlighted field changes to Modulation.
- With Modulation still highlighted, press OK to a choice of DVB-S and DVB-S2.
- Press Up or Down to highlight DVB-S2 and press OK. The Transponder screen should now be configured as shown below, displaying Level but not Quality.
- Press Down to highlight the Start Search button and press OK. The satellite receiver begins the rescan for the new satellite signal and, once complete, displays the Channels found screen shown below:
- Press OK to Sort automatically. Don't worry if the number of channels found differs from the above screen. The confirmation prompt shown below is displayed:
- Press Left to highlight Continue and then press OK. You are returned to the Transponder screen and the satellite receive should now display both Level and Quality measurements as shown below:
- Press the Red button or Back button three times to exit back through the menus to the TV screen.
You will now be watching BFBS TV.
- BBC ONE
- BBC TWO
- BFBS Extra
- Sky Sports
- BT Sport
- BFBS Sport
- Sky News UK
- Channel 4
- (No channel)
- BBC ONE - Delayed
- BBC TWO - Delayed
- ITV - Delayed
- BFBS Extra - Delayed
- (Channel not available)
- (Channel not available)
- Sky Cinema
- Nepali TV